Eat your devil fruit and hop aboard the Thousand Sunny because One Piece Odyssey is here to bring the Straw Hats a new adventure. This game may feature a new story from the manga but takes place deep in the series after introducing dozens and dozens of characters. If you’re wondering if your favorite Straw Hat crew member is a playable character, here’s a list of all the party members you can control One Piece Odyssey.
Every playable party member in One Piece Odyssey
One Piece Odyssey contains a total of nine party members that you will free as you progress, all of whom are important members of the Straw Hats. As with any JRPG, each has its own skills, abilities, strengths, and weaknesses. Here are all the pirates to look forward to adventures with:
- Monkey D Luffy: It wouldn’t be a One Piece game if Luffy wasn’t there. Just like in the manga, he has abilities centered on his rubbery limbs and is a Power-type character.
- Zoro: First Mate Zoro brings his three swords into battle as a Tech-type. He’s great for damaging groups.
- Nami: For a Speed-type, Nami uses her abilities to perform AoE attacks but also grant buffs and debuffs.
- chopper: Don’t let his small stature fool you, Chopper can hit hard and help the team heal.
- Usopp: Although physically not good at fighting, Usopp has his trusty slingshot to hit targets.
- Sanji: He may not be able to shake off his smoking habit, but Sanji’s Black Leg Style makes his kicks deadly to enemies.
- Nico: Another Devil Fruit consumer, Nico has the unique ability to reproduce her limbs on any surface for long range.
- Brook: The Soul King was brought back to life by the Devil Fruit and is now a great supporting character.
- franky: The Cyborg packs tons of weapons and gadgets, making him a devastating opponent once he enters the battle.
There are also a few characters that appear in special parts of the story One Piece Odyssey and join your team but you cannot control them. These include:
- Portgas D. Ace
- Trafalgar D. Water Law
- Don Quixote Rocinante