Meta, formerly Facebook, Inc., owns both Instagram and Messenger, and both apps allow users to exchange text messages.
On Instagram, you can use the Direct Message (DM) feature to connect with your followers via chat. On Messenger, you connect with your Facebook friends. Since both apps are owned by the same company, a merging feature is available for users.
A feature on Instagram allows you to Merge your Instagram account with Messenger to provide seamless cross-messaging options. Launched in 2020, this feature allows users to connect Instagram and Messenger.
Users are quick to respond to the prompt, and many have opted not to merge. For many users, keeping Instagram and Messenger separate is the best option, while others may find this new feature very useful.
What does this integration do?
Before you go ahead and merge Instagram and Messenger, it’s important to understand what this integration makes possible and how it will benefit you.
This feature allows you to message your Instagram friends from Messenger app and vice versa. Additionally, you get message requests and video chat options from any Facebook account.
So let’s assume you don’t have the Messenger app installed on your smartphone; You can use your Instagram app to reply to Messenger messages. The feature is available to all Instagram users, but it’s hidden deep under the settings.
Merge Instagram and Messenger
Now that you know what the feature does, you might want to merge Instagram and Messenger. Below we have shared some simple steps to help you Merge Instagram and Messenger. Let’s have a look.
1. First, open your favorite web browser and go to Instagram.com.
2. Next, log into your Instagram account. Click on the right side More.
3. Select at the prompt that appears Ideas.
4. In Settings, scroll down and click billing center Shortcut.
5. From the Account Center, click Add Accounts.
6. Next, at the Select the account you want to add prompt, click ‘Add Facebook account‘.
7. Now you will see a screen asking you to continue with your Facebook account. Just click Next than (profile name).
8. Next, click to enable connected experiences Keep going Button.
9. At the Set up your account center prompt, click the buttonYes, complete setup‘ button.
That’s it! It’s that easy to merge Instagram and Messenger. This feature allows you to access both Messenger inbox and Instagram from a single app.
How do I confirm the merge?
If you want to know if the merge was successful, you need to follow the steps below.
1. Open the Instagram app on your Android or iPhone.
2. Then tap the search box and search for a profile name. You will find that Instagram displays your Facebook friends.
3. All you have to do is tap on the profile name and send them a message. The Message is sent to Messenger.
So, this guide is all about how to merge Instagram and Messenger. If you need more help with merging Instagram and Messenger, let us know in the comments. If the article helped you, be sure to share it with your friends.