Let’s admit it, 5G has been all the rage for a few years. In India, users are considering support for 5G connectivity even before buying a new smartphone.
While many regions are still waiting for 4G connectivity, 5G has been made available for beta testing. Now you also have smartphones that support 5G networks.
Now that 5G services are available in India, users have been looking for ways to activate and use 5G on their smartphones.
If you are also looking for this, keep reading the guide. In this article, we have shared some easy steps to do it Activate 5G on a supported smartphone. We shared methods to enable 5G on the most popular smartphone brands. Let’s start.
Check the 5G bands supported on your phone
Before you go ahead and try to activate the 5G network, you must first make sure that you have a compatible device.
By compatible device we mean the 5G compatible smartphone. There are only a few smartphone models on the market that natively support 5G.
Although smartphone makers are now prioritizing 5G, few low- and mid-end devices don’t have it. Even if your phone supports 5G connectivity, you still need to check which 5G bands it supports.
We have already shared a detailed guide on how to do this How to check the 5G bands supported on your phone. You have to go through the post to know all the details.
Requirements for using 5G services
Well, the smartphone is one of many things you need to use the 5G services. Below we have shared all sorts of things you need to use the 5G services.
- A 5G-enabled smartphone.
- Make sure the phone supports the required 5G bands.
- A SIM card that supports 5G.
In India, Airtel and JIO do not need to buy a new sim to use the 5G services. The existing 4G SIM card can connect to 5G. However, you still need to make sure your SIM card is updated.
How do I activate 5G on your device?
If your phone has ticked all the boxes to run the 5G services, then you need to follow these steps to enable the 5G network. We shared steps to enable 5G on a smartphone (brand specific).
You must follow these simple steps if you have a Samsung smartphone compatible with 5G services. How to activate 5G on Samsung smartphones.
- Open the Settings app on your Samsung smartphone.
- In Settings, tap Connections > Cellular Networks.
- Next on the mobile networks > network mode.
- Choose 5G/LTE/3G/2G (automatic connection) in network mode.
That’s it! Now search for available networks manually and select the 5G network provided by your SIM card.
Google Pixel smartphones
If you own a 5G compatible Pixel smartphone, you need to follow these simple steps to activate 5G services.
- First, open the Settings app on your Pixel device.
- Select under Settings Network & Internet > SIMs.
- Now select your SIM > Preferred network type.
- Select the preferred network type 5G.
That’s it! It’s that easy to activate 5G services on a Pixel smartphone.
OnePlus also has many of its smartphones compatible with 5G services. So if you have a OnePlus smartphone, here are the steps to activate a 5G network.
- First open the settings App on your OnePlus smartphone.
- Next, select Wi-Fi & networks > SIM & network.
- Choose the preferred network type and set it to 2G/3G/4G/5G (automatic).
That’s it! After making the changes, your OnePlus smartphone is ready to connect to the 5G network.
Oppo smartphone users will also need to set their phone to connect to the 5G network if they have a 5G-enabled SIM card. Here’s what you need to do.
- open that settings Oppo smartphone app.
- Select under Settings Connection & Sharing.
- Next, tap SIM 1 or SIM 2 (depending on what it is).
- Next, select Preferred network type > 2G/3G/4G/5G (automatic).
That’s it! Now your Oppo smartphone will connect to the 5G network whenever it’s available.
If you have a 5G compatible Realme smartphone, you need to follow these simple steps to activate 5G services. Here’s what you need to do.
- First open the settings App on your Realme smartphone.
- When the Settings app opens, tap Connection & Sharing.
- Under Connection & Sharing, select your SIM card.
- Next, tap the Preferred network type > 2G/3G/4G/5G (automatic).
This will activate the 5G network type on your Realme smartphone.
A few devices from Xiaomi and Poco also support 5G services. How to activate the 5G network on these smartphones.
- First open the settings app on your smartphone.
- When the Settings app opens, tap SIM card and mobile networks.
- Next, tap the Preferred network type > Prefer 5G.
After making the changes, restart your Xiaomi or Poco smartphone.
Like every other major smartphone brand, some Vivo/iQoo smartphones support 5G network mode. How to activate 5G on Vivo or iQoo smartphones.
- First open the settings app on your smartphone.
- When the Settings app opens, tap SIM 1 or SIM 2.
- Next, select Mobile Network > Network Mode.
- Select in network mode 5G mode.
That’s it! Here’s how to activate 5G network on Vivo and iQoo smartphones.
So this is how you can activate 5G on an Android smartphone. Once you have activated 5G, you need to go to a place where 5G services are available. Your phone will detect the 5G services and connect automatically. If this article helped you, be sure to share it with your friends.